Friday, October 22, 2010

First Impressions

Greetings, Dear Readers.
I am venturing far from familiar territory, (the Real 2010, with all it's wonderful steam-powered inventions, and intrepid explorers), into the uncharted and dangerous waters of the Other 2010. That is to say, the one where fossil fuels rule, and the Glories of Steam are but a distant memory.
I have been asked to cross time and space to the lovely town of Oamaru, to see how the locals are getting on with something called the Steampunk Movement.
Dear Reader, it is almost as though they've turned my whole life into Art, and most of it isn't even framed!!!
Still, they're trying, God Bless them. I note there is a pathetic attempt to reconstruct some of Sir Cecil's and my earliest discoveries by a local couple. Well!!! All I can say is they've done their best...although the real sky-dragons would be much shinier than these ones, and radiate a quiet air of palpable evil, extending far beyond their glass case.
I'd have to say that in all my years as a psychic explorer and intrepid traveller, I've never come across anything quite as strange as your Reality. This blogsite, for instance, what a fantastical notion!!! My minder in this Reality says that by pushing a few buttons ( the right ones, of course, in the correct order), my comments will take flight into something called the Internet, and land on a website where anyone at all can read them. I have to say that it's very like Sir Cecil's Cosmic Concentrator Cap, only working in reverse. The C.C.C. hoovers things up from space, while this gadget you call a 'computer' flings them out wholesale.

2 comments:

  1. My Dearest Miss Lucy,

    What a delightful and engaging journal you write. So full of florid expansion. I eagerly await your next bulletin. This world seems really extraordinary. How does one connect with it?

    With regards
    La Falconesse

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good day to you, Madame Falconesse.

    to connect with my world, A.K.A. the Real World, one must have recourse to a Time Machine, Alternate Reality Concentrator or similar. In my case, there is a very handy tunnel, but I'm not going to tell anyone where it is, because that may allow Undesirables to pass through it in the future, and we wouldn't want that, would we?

    ReplyDelete