Monday, November 22, 2010

HeritageWeekend

Greetings, dear friends. Well, my time in this Reality will soon be at an end, for now. I must say it has been an interesting experience. This last few days have been a giddy whirl of social activities. I was most impressed with the number of people wearing real clothes for a change, as opposed to the sad garments most people wear from day to day in this Reality. T-shirts, hoodies, uggghhh. Hardly real clothes at all. The worst of the lot, though, are something called lycra bike-shorts. Trully horrible. Although, I have decided to take out a patent on velcro and zippers, when I return to the Real World. So usefull. Sunday was the day of the Fete, and I must say it was most enjoyable, and although it was more of a celebration of all things Victorian than of all things Steam, there was still a lot of smoke and steam to be seen. During the afternoon, I encountered two most charming young women who make genuine steampunk jewelry. Annika and Susan, very Cool, to coin a phrase from this Reality. If only Sir Cecil would propose, I'd make a special trip back to this Reality, just to commision you two to make a most splendid ring. Dear sir Cecil, how I do miss him!!! I must get back to him quite soon, as he has a very short memory, and a number of most unsuitable young women have been eyeing him up...Not that I need a man, you understand. It's just that he's exceptionally well-endowed in the Fortune department, and quite amenable to my wishes. Anyway, when I want some trully original jewelry, Romance Rewound will be my first port of call.
Am also pleased to report that Professor Damotimus has made excellent progress with his Libratory. It is well worth a visit. Farewell for now. I will report again, once or twice, before I vanish back to the Real World until next year...

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure you would look quite fine in a pair of lycra bike shorts, Miss Lucy.

    ReplyDelete